Each year we bring together a growing community of incredible talent with our popular Slowdown Art Comp. At the start of July we put out an open call on Instagram for artists to showcase their work.
Featuring over 10,000 entries in its first two years, the competition has been a great launching pad for emerging artists to get their work out to the world. We select twelve winners each year, which are all woven into a blanket and released one per month the following year. The winners all receive cash prizes and of course their very own blankets!
Our 2019 competition is officially open! To enter:
1. Post your art on Instagram with the hashtag #slowdownartcomp2019 and @slowdownstudio. The art should be blanket shaped! (a 3:4 rectangle)
2. You must post your art between July 2 + July 31. The winners will be announced on August 2. Maximum 5 entries per person.
Twelve winning artworks will each be woven into a blanket as part of our 2020 collection!
1. Each winning artist maintains ownership of the artwork. For the duration that Slowdown Studio has the blanket available for sale at www.slowdownstudio.com, the rights to use the artwork commercially are restricted to Slowdown Studio. However the artist may still sell prints of the artwork or the original artwork – not in collaboration with another brand. The blanket may be produced for up to 2 years.
2. An amount of 1000 USD will be paid to each artist one month before the release of their blanket in 2020. The artist will also receive their own blanket.
3. The winning art will also be used in Slowdown Studio's 2020 Calendar and Postcard Books.
4. The artist must acknowledge that the artwork is an original artwork, and does not violate the intellectual property rights of others.